These snacks are really very easy to make. Less than 10 minutes, you will have 1 ready-tub of air fried popiah seaweed crisp.
All you need is 12 pieces of small spring roll pastry (Popiah skin) and ….
12 pcs of seasoned seaweed
Brush the seasoned seaweed with egg white and stick the seaweed to the popiah skin.
Repeat this step for the remaining 11 pieces of seaweed and popiah skin
Brush the back and front of the seaweed popiah with oil and then cut each pieces of seaweed popiah into 9 pieces
Divide into several batches and layer into the air fryer basket for frying.
As the seaweed popiah is very light, some might “fly” to the coil and get burnt. You might want to cover the basket with aluminium foil and poke many holes (big enough for as much heat to get through but not big enough for the popiah to fly out).
Alternatively, just be wary and remove the popiah from the coil with tongs (you will smell something burnt when the popiah get caught up in the coil
- 12 pieces spring roll pastry
- 12 pieces seasoned seaweed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoon oil for brushing
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degree Celsius
- Brush the seasoned seaweed with egg white and stick the seaweed to the popiah skin.
- Brush the back and front of the seaweed popiah with oil
- Cut each pieces into 9 smaller pieces
- Layer into the basket (do not overlay and overcrowd - divide into batches for frying)
- Air fry for 3 mins and repeat until all are fried
- Cool and store in air tight container