Without the fats, these Crispy Pork Skin is addictively good for our skin. Esp when air fried, most of the excess oil are dripped into the bottom of the bottom, leaving only the goodness of the skin – Crunchy, yummy and ……unstoppable when eating!
The process of making this snack is quite similar to making sio bak – less the marination.
1st, you will need to score and poke holes of the skin, cover liberally with salt (not overly) and air dried overnight in the chiller without covering until the skin is dry and tacky.When the skin becomes dry and tacky, remove from the chiller and cut it into shoestring strip.
Air Fryer Basket is preferred as the grill pan does not have enough depth to hold the frying (flying) pork rinds and some will fly underneath the grill pan.
It will taste good in its original flavour or you can choose to add some spice to it.
I sprinkled some Japanese Chilli powder over the ready-fried pork skin
- 300g pork skin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Chilli powder (Optional)
- Wash and dry the pork skin
- Score and poke lots of hole around the pork skin
- Rub salt over the skin and allow it to dry overnight in the chiller without covering
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degree Celsius 5 mins before frying
- Cut the skin into very thin strips (about 5 mm in thickness)
- Pop it into the air fryer and fry for 10 mins (divide into 3 or 4 batches for frying)
- Pull out the basket and shake halfway during frying (or use a tong to "stir") so that any overlay bits will be air fried too
- *Sprinkle some chilli powder for some heat (Optional)
- Cool and store in air tight container