This is a sauce that is definitely inspired by Asian! or quite asian and it goes very well with steak!
I had this in one of the most popular steakhouse in Singapore – Bedrock and I love it. And I managed to know the secret ingredients that makes this chili one of our favourite steak sauce when we were dining there – BACON it is!
Chop the bacon into very small bits
Then pan fry in oil
When the bacon start to crisp up, add in garlic and saute until garlic turns golden brown. Then add in chili flakes, chili powder, salt & sugar.
Quick stir for few seconds then remove the chili and oil from the pan.
Serve on the side with steak. Extra chili can be store in airtight container and keep in chiller for at least 1 week.
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 30g Chopped Bacon Bits
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 3 tablespoons Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat
- Add in chopped bacon bits and saute the bacons until brown and slightly crisp
- When the bacon start to crisp up, add in galic and saute for another 10 seconds until garlic turn brown
- Add in chili flakes, chili powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir for a few seconds and transfer the Bacon Chili oil to a bowl
- Serve on the side with steak.
- Store the remaining cooled bacon chili oil in an airtight container
- It can last in fridge for at least 1 week