We love Prawn Cracker! However, we always tried to refrain eating this porous yummy goodies that was dipped in oil. Thanks to the invention of air fryer, we are now able to snack on these goodies – less the oil and no oily mess.
I was sooo satisfied to see how these tiny dried prawn crackers expanded in just 2 mins in the air fryer. Look at the expansion!
Taste as good as those oil fried one but tons of calories lesser.
The process of making these aren’t difficult. For every 100g of dried cracker, add 1 tablespoon of oil
Ensure that every piece of cracker is thoroughly coated with the oil
Air fry the crackers in a preheated air fryer of 200 degree celsius. However, do not overcrowd the basket (Use airfryer basket instead of grill pan so that the crackers that was flying around will not drop under the pan).
I would recommend to air fry 3 pieces at a time.
Do not worry about taking too much time to air fry. Each batch only takes 2 to 3 mins.
Look at these gorgeous “almost oil-less” prawn cracker!
These method can also be used for papadum.
- 100g Dried Prawn Crackers
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 200 degree celsius
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon of oil to 100g of dried prawn crackers
- Toss and ensure that each piece of prawn crackers is coated thorougly with the oil
- Divide the crackers and air fry by batches (about 3 pieces each batch)
- Air fry for about 2 to 3 mins at 200 degree Celsius or until golden brown (Pull out the basket and shake halfway during frying (or use a tong to "stir")
- Continue with the remaining batches until all the crackers are fried
- Cool and store in airtight container