Three Cup Chicken is one of the classic Taiwanese Dish that is abundance in flavor by adding only a few seasoning. Traditionally, Three Cup Chicken is made with Soy Sauce, Rice Wine, Sesame Oil, Garlic and Basil Leaves. Cut Chilli padi can be added in for an extra kick.
I decided to make this fusion dish for the Collaboration with San Remo as it is always the favourite household brand for pasta and using it to make this dish is perfect!
And sweetness from the seafood goes perfectly well with the well-flavoured pasta.
Making this dish is very fast and easy.
Step by Step Pictorial Guide
Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water until about 3/4 cooked (still slightly hard in the centre as it will continue to cook in the next step). When done, remove the pasta from the water and set aside, while making the sauce
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add sliced garlic, basil and chilli padi (optional) and saute for about 30 sec or until fragrance.
Add in pasta, clams, prawns, and squid (if using fresh squid instead of fried calamari) and continue to saute for another min until clam starts to open up.
Add all the seasoning and cream, stir in until well-combined, then remove the pasta from the pan and serve.
If using fried calamari instead fresh squid, serve it on top with the pasta on the serving plate.
- 1 chilli of water
- ½ tablespoon Salt
- 120g Spaghetti (or any choice of pasta)
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oi
- 15g Sliced Garlic (about 3 cloves of garlic)
- 5g Basil Leaves - Chiffonade (About 10 to 15 basil leaves )
- 1 Small Chili Padi (Bird's eye chilli) - chopped (Optional)
- 250g Clams (Soak and wash)
- 100g Prawn (Deshell and clean)
- 100g Fresh Squid (Deskin and cut into 1.5 cm thick Ring) - omit if using fried calamari
- 1.5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cream
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 6 pieces of Fried Calamari Ring (Optional)
- Bring 1 litre of water to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add salt when boil.
- Cook the pasta until about ¾ cooked (still slightly hard in the centre as it will continue to cook in the next step).
- Drain away the pasta water and set the pasta aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced garlic, basil and chili padi (optional) and saute for about 30 sec or until fragrance
- Add in pasta, clams, prawns, squid (if using fresh squid instead of fried calamari) and continue to saute for another min until clam starts to open up. (you can add a bit of water and cover with a lid to allow the clams to cook faster
- Then add all the seasoning to the pasta, stir-fry until the seasoning is mixed in
- Transfer the pasta onto the serving plates and add fried Calamari before serving if using fried calamari.