Who say Comfort Food is unhealthy. Better than M*cD Ebi Burger, Crispy Breaded Crunchy Prawns is perfectly air fried ~ less the oil but not the taste!
This is definitely not a sponsored post. Just that I am a big fan of Air-fryer.
Simple ingredients are used to make this burger. Simple and tasty for sure!
Step by Step Recipe (Pictorial Guide)
1st, finely chop/blend (i just blend in a blender) 200g of the prawn into paste and the other 100g just cut into chunks
I used Frozen peel uncooked prawn as it is more convenient and crunchy
Then add seasoning for the prawns
and mix in the seasoning until well combined
Mold the prawn into burger size patty. Rub some oil on hand or use disaposable glove for easier molding. This recipe can yield 2 to 3 patties depending on your preference on the thickness of the patty. I mold into 2 patties but personally I think its a bit too thick. 3 patties will be just nice.
Put the ready mold patty on a tray lined with baking paper sprayed with oil to prevent sticking.
Prepare a tray of breadcrumbs
and evenly coat the patty with breadcrumbs
Place it in the air fryer using grill pan or basket
Spray the patty with oil and air fry in preheated airfryer @ 200 degree celsius for 10 mins; or until the patty turns golden brown
Remove from the air fryer and set aside while lightly toast the burger bun in the air fryer @ 180 degree celsius for 5 mins (Insides of the bun facing up). You can spread a thin layer of butter on the half-sliced bun before toasting
Then layer a slice of cheese on the base of the toasted bun
Then the prawn patty
Follow by Lettuce and Tartar sauce (Homemade Tartar Recipe below)
Finish off with the top bun and Happy Meal is ready! Serve with fries and salad for a complete Happy Meal~
Homemade Tartar Sauce
Add all the ingredients for tartar sauce in a small bowl and mix until well combine
Can be made in advance and store in fridge. Use when needed.
- 300g uncooked Frozen Peeled Prawn (200g finely chopped/blend & 100g cut into chunk)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- Dash of Pepper
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 50g Mayonnaise
- 6 teaspoons Sweet Relish (Drained)
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Burger Buns (slice into half, lightly brush with butter and toast for 5 mins @ 180 degree celsius; insides of the bun facing up)
- 3 Slices of Processed Cheese
- Oil Spray for spraying the Patty
- Finely chop/blend (add in a blender) 200g of the prawn into paste and the other 100g just cut into chunks
- Transfer the prawn into a large mixing bowl and add all the seasonings required for the patty
- Mix until well combine and mold the prawn into burger size patty (Rub some oil on hand or use disaposable glove for easier molding)
- Put the ready mold patty on a tray lined with baking paper sprayed with oil to prevent sticking
- Prepare a shallow plate with breadcrumbs
- Then coat the ready-mold patty evenly with breadcrumbs
- Transfer the breaded patties to the airfryer grill pan or basket
- Lightly spray the patties with oil or brush with oil and air fry for 10 mins in preheated airfryer
- Place the half-sliced burger bun on a tray for easy assembling
- Top with 1 slice of cheese, then the patty, follow by lettuces and finally with a dollop of tartar sauce
- Finish with the lid of the burger buns
- Repeat the same for all the burgers
- Add all the ingredients for the tartar sauce in a mixing bowl and mix until well combine