Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we are all searching for desserts to make for our loved ones. And expecially on occassion when you are out to impress, there is no room for error.
This recipe is a foolproof recipe that it guarantees an exploding flow of warm chocolate lava on your first bite.
And the secret to it is to insert a chocolate truffle into the center of the cake before baking. Moreover, using an air fryer to bake it makes it breezy!
This cake can be make ahead of time, chill the batter in ramekins in the fridge or even freeze it for longer storing and bring to room temperature before baking.
Here’s a step by step video on how to make it.
For more details on the latest Philips Avance Collection Airfryer – http://philips.to/2ktE3IC
- 100g dark chocolate couverture
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g whipping/heavy cream
- 100g egg
- 50g egg yolk
- 30g Castor sugar
- 40g cake flour (sifted)
- 30g whipping/ heavy cream
- 30g milk
- 50g dark chocolate
- 15g unsalted butter
- Melted Butter
- Castor Sugar or Cocoa Powder
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate truffles into a mixing bowl and heat over the pot of simmering water. Ensure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture until smooth and remove from heat
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a mould, smaller than the ramekins
- Chill until harden, at least 4 hours or put it freezer for shorter setting time
- Melt the chocolates, cream and butter in a mixing bowl and heat over simmering pot of water. Remove the bowl of chocolate mixture from heat and put aside
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and sugar
- Combine the chocolate mixture and egg mixture together, then add in the sifted flour until just combine. Do not overmix.
- Brush the ramekins with melted butter then coat with sugar/cocoa powder. Tap out any excess powder.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the ramekins until ½ filled
- Gently place the chocolate truffle into the center of the batter. Then continue to fill the ramekins with batter until ¾ full. Ensure the truffle is covered with batter
- Bake the cake Air fryer for 6 mins; or until the tops are just set.
- Run a thin knife around the ramekins to loosen the cakes
- Invert the ramekins onto 4 individual serving plates, then lift and remove the ramekins.
- Spoon 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream or ice cream of your choice and top with some berries.
- Serve hot!
*This cake can be make ahead of time, chill the batter in ramekins in the fridge or even freeze it for longer storing and bring to room temperature before baking..
Baking time Will varies based on size of ramekins used. Baking time given is based on standard ramekin size of 8 cm in diameter. Longer time is bigger ramekins are used and shorter time if smaller ones are used