Khao Tang Na Tang is a Thai Dish – Pork and Shrimp in Coconut Sauce. It is usually served with Crispy Rice Cracker. It is spicy and very coconutti. Very flavourful and yummy!
I first tried this dish many years ago. That many years ago was the first and last time I tried that. I really like the dish. It’s something very special and I had never tried before. It’s not a very familiar dish to me, so I didn’t pick up the courage to cook it although there are many times I wanted to try and cook.
Finally I got a chance. I invited a group of friends over for dinner and one of them is from Thailand. Together with her, we perfected the taste to the authentic dish.
The coconut dip is very similar to curry. You can choose to dip it with the crispy rice or just eat with a bowl of rice.
I got the Thai Crispy Rice from Cold storage. If you cannot find it, you can simply replace with any rice cake.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander root
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 110g minced pork
- 50g minced shrimp meat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground roasted peanut, coarse
- 1 Fresh Red Chili (Sliced)
- Coriander Leaves
- Add all the ingredients for the garlic coriander paste into a blender and blend until it become a smooth paste
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat
- Add in the Garlic paste and shallot. Stir fry until fragrance
- Add in pork and shrimp and stir fry for another minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients for the coconut dip and let it boil
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chilli and coriander leaves
- Serve hot with crispy rice cracker or steamed rice.