You are most likely to find this cold dish in any proper Japanese Restaurant. Well.. nice or not is another story.
This is a surprisingly easy dish to make. It’s creamy and pungent taste from the century egg makes you keep picking up ur spoon and eat more. Top it with a generous amount of tobbiko to add crunch to this dish. Softness from the tofu, creaminess from the century egg sauce and bursting crunchiness from the tobbiko.. Do I need to say more?
- 200g Soft Tofu
- 3 Pitan Yolk (Century Egg Yolk)
- 2 tsp Japanese Sesame sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Mirin
- 0.5 tablespoon sake
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chopped pitan whites
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 1 heap tablespoon Tobikko
- In a blender, add in pitan yolk, sesame sauce, mirin, sake, sugar and blend until smooth
- Gently remove the soft tofu from the tub, drained and place in on a serving plate.
- Pour the blended pitan dressing over the tofu.
- Top with chopped pitan whites, spring onions and tobikko.
- Serve cold.